These are just a few simple tips for how Copier Headquarters can help you work smarter, faster, and help the environment. Share ideas with co-workers and management to create a green office and make sustainability an important part of your company.
- Go digital – read, send and store digital documents. Use electronic tools and software to simplify the way you communicate.
- Use paper wisely. Print on both sides of the page–also called “duplexing.” Print multiple images per page and print only the quantity you need at the time you need it. Print on paper certified to sustainable forestry standards or use paper with recycled content.
- Recycle the paper you use. Install bins around the office to collect paper for recycling or reuse. Paper manufacturers avoid the use of 3.5 tons of virgin fiber for every ton of recycled material used.
- Reach for efficient machines. Upgrade old products with new, more efficient systems and watch the savings add up.
- Replace stand-alone office products with multifunction systems. One multifunction printer that copies, prints, scans, and faxes can use half the energy of all those separate devices.
- Return print/copy cartridges and supplies for recycling. Return your cartridges for reuse and recycling or consider a cartridge-free solid ink printer or MFP, which generates about 90% less waste than a comparable color laser printer.
- Seek office equipment designed for remanufacturing or recycling