Whether you have a small business with one printer or a large business with a fleet of machines, upgrading your equipment has the potential to increase efficiency and cut costs. Here are five reasons why your business should consider upgrading its office equipment:
- Improved Quality. Upgrading offers access to new technology that is designed specifically to help you better manage your documents and improve the overall quality of your printed materials. Today’s color printing technology can produce the same or higher quality documents and images than you would receive from your local print shops, and at much lower prices.
- Lower Costs. Because an upgraded machine operates more efficiently, newer machines will typically provide a lower cost per page. With a quality machine, you will also reduce your reliance on outsourced printing resources, saving you both time and money.
- Less Maintenance. Upgrading your hardware devices will replace older, inefficient equipment with newer technology to improve the overall functionality of your printer. This translates into fewer calls to your maintenance service provider and less money spent on repairs.
- Multifunctional. Upgrading to a multifunctional system combines the functionality of copiers, network printers, scanners, and fax machines all into one device. By eliminating single-function devices, your office will save on electricity and supplies since you will only have to power and order supplies for a single machine.
- Enhanced Security. Upgrading a device offers access to new security features that are designed to prevent unauthorized usage. Some of these features include memory storage and recent usage patterns that will help identify which users are printing too much so that limits can be set. Newer devices can also include security features that encrypt or protect the data stored on the hard drive of your device.