It might be hard to imagine with the wintery weather out there, but spring is creeping up on us more and more as we get closer to March! With spring of course comes Spring Cleaning – but this doesn’t just apply to your office! While its a good idea to use the time ahead of spring cleaning to get a head start on the practice, it’s also a great time to make sure your printer is cleaned out and in its top working condition!
So what are the best ways to get ahead on your spring cleaning and get your printer cleaned out and ready to take on the rest of the year? Read our top tips for best printer practices before spring rolls around.
Simple Ways to Upkeep Your Printer
Just like in the past couple of years, this year we’re all continuing to adapt to the different things 2022 throws at us – and printer problems are no different! With more and more people going back into the office full time, company printers and copiers are under more stress than ever – but there are plenty of easy ways to make sure they’re more than ready for anything that might be thrown their way.
Before we delve into pre-spring cleaning printer upkeep tips, the best way to make sure your printer is working in top condition is by performing regular maintenance that keeps it updated and free from dirt, dust, debris. Performing regular maintenance on your printer and copier will also let you catch any issues it might be having and nip them in the bud before it becomes a bigger issue.
Don’t have time to perform regular machine maintenance or to deal with printer problems that might arise at your office? Use GoodSuite’s managed print services to have any and all issues taken care of and prevented before they become an issue! Additionally, invest in one of our high-quality, professional printers or copiers to keep your business running efficiently and with minimal issues.
Printer Maintenance Tips
- Before tackling the maintenance itself, make sure your copier or printer has its latest updates installed. If you have an older machine, updates could disrupt meter reads or automatic toner reporting.
- Clean your machine. Your printer or copier should have come with instructions to clean the inside and outside of the machine completely. You’ll also be able to find these instructions online for newer machines.
- Pay special attention to your scan glass and rollers. Having dirty or smudged glass or dirty rollers can impact your image quality and cause paper jams.
- Make sure you’re covered completely and are operating on a secure network with GoodSuite’s cyber and managed IT services.
- Track and store scanned electronic documents and put them in a centralized cloud storage with GoodSuite’s Document Management services.
The best way to make sure your machines are in their top condition and that your business is running smoothly is by making sure your printers and copiers are in top condition. Want all of that taken care of for you? Check out GoodSuite’s managed print services here.