There are many studies about productivity in the workday. One of the main observations is that e-mail can take up a lot of your productivity. One tip you can practice is pre-scheduling your e-mails. For example, let’s say there is a report that needs to go out first thing in the morning. What happens when your alarm doesn’t go off, you’re running late and spill your coffee?? Easy – it goes out anyway because you scheduled it the night before!
There are only F-O-U-R easy steps.
1. Write your e-mail as normal, including To, CC, and Subject.
2. Delay your delivery until the date and time you want it delivered
3. Select the day and time you want your e-mail to be sent.
4. Hit send and forget about it!
It rests in your outbox until the time comes up. If you shut your Outlook, it may prompt you to send the e-mails before you close out. Simply chose “Exit without Sending” and it will stay in your outbox until previously scheduled. Use this technique for:
- Project Reminders
- Working late/early hours but sending correspondence during normal business hours
- Weekly informational e-mails
and many more!!
Copier Headquarters is dedicated to a boutique level of customer service and keeping our customers at the speed of business. For more information, call your Account Manager at
818-874-1200 or 805-532-9977